Losing the Last 14 (One More Time)

Sunday, November 25, 2012

An Update

Well, I forgot to weigh in this morning.  I have been doing so-so lately on eating, although it's been getting a little better.  I have started Jillian Michaels' Ripped in 30, and I'm liking it a lot so far.  I did the first 2 workouts in 30-day Shred so many times I was sick of them, but it's a great video, and I think Ripped in 30 is even better.  I think 30-day-Shred was really effective for my weight loss, so I'm hoping that Ripped in 30 will be also good for my weight maintenance/loss. 

I never did 30-day-Shred more than 2-3 times a week.  My goal for Ripped in 30 is to work up to doing each level 5 days in a row (with 2 rest days), to see what kind of results I get.  Last week was my first week, and, due to extreme soreness, I was only able to do it 3 times.  This week, I'm hopeful I'll be able to do it 4-5 times. 

Jillian workouts are great for my shoulders.  When I do my strength training exercises sans video, I do a lot more shoulder work now because of her videos.  They also work my legs, something I tend to ignore when I'm doing workouts on my own.  My legs are muscular enough just from walking that I tend to neglect those little muscles that don't get worked in my daily life.  Her videos also provide much needed ab work and reminders about form that I tend to forget about when doing ab work on my own. 

I also like her videos because her models are so very ripped.  It tends to make me think in a more positive way about making my body stronger and my muscles more defined, rather than trying to get tiny looking.  

I'm hoping that with the help of Jillian I'll emerge from the cold weather months more toned than before! 

No comments:

Post a Comment