Losing the Last 14 (One More Time)

Friday, May 11, 2012

Snacking

I'm doing pretty well on diet and exercise except for one thing: snacking, especially afternoon snacking.  I do like to have a snack in the middle of the afternoon, and I think it's good for me to pick up 100-200 calories (300 maximum!) at that time.  That way I can make it until dinner without feeling too hungry. 

But, being an at-home mom, with easy access to my fridge and pantry, I tend to snack a little too much.  Sometimes I graze, and those calories add up.  Other times I will actually have two snacks, one at 2 and one at 4.  (This is really not okay!)  If I can just make it until 3, then I can have a reasonable snack and not bee too hungry.  But if I start at 2, I will surely be hungry again by 4, and then I'll eat again at dinner. 

I'm not doing horribly, just eating too much to lose weight.  I can't create a calorie deficit by grazing. 

I try to remind myself daily that not gaining is a victory in itself, that being approximately 35 pounds below my maximum weight is a victory in itself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment