Losing the Last 14 (One More Time)

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Sunday Weigh In and Weekly update

I record my weight every Sunday.  I record after I first wake up.  I use the bathroom and remove my clothes, and then what I get is what I write.  Although I do weigh myself on other days, I don't record those weights.  If I can't weigh in on Sunday, I record my Saturday weight, or the next day after Sunday that I'm near my scale.  At the end of the month, I average my weights.

Today, I weighed in at 136 pounds.  I am very happy with this, as I haven't gotten a weight this low since February!  It means I have only 11 pounds to go before I reach my goal. 

The sad thing is that since I started tracking my weight back at the end of October, I was weighing in in the 132's and 133's.  At that time, I was a little discouraged that I needed to lose 7-8 pounds.  I'm trying not to beat myself up about it.  If I hadn't started recording my weight, I'd probably weigh even more now.

Anyway, this round is for life, not for looking good in a bathing suit this summer (although that would be a nice benefit.)  I also have to remind myself that for much of my adult life, I would have been THRILLED to be down to this weight.  In fact, 135 was my original weightloss goal back in 2003. 

I am trying to find a balance between feeling good about how far I've come yet motivated to continue.

No comments:

Post a Comment