Losing the Last 14 (One More Time)

Sunday, May 27, 2012

Weekly Update: Good News

NYPDNCJCYHNU (Technorati Claim)

I weighed in this morning.  I actually was dreading weighing myself and lay in bed for longer than I should have.  When I stepped on the scale, I was so relieved to see 135.4.  It's been a few months since I've seen anything that low.  I'm hoping that in June, I will at least get back to the numbers that  started recording my weight at last year!  My lowest recorded weight was 132.2 back in November. 

I'm also very pleased that I do seem to be able to lose weight without going drastically low carb or doing a drastic increase in exercise.  I've been mostly walking the dog for exercise and practicing portion control.  While I'm not doing low carb, I have been very careful about sugary deserts.  We've had cookies a couple of times, and I've been able to eat them in moderation.  If I get a fancy coffee drink, I can ask for the low sugar syrup, and I think this is very helpful.  I still get my treat without the effects to my blood sugar. 

Activity, calorie intake, and carb intake are all equally important, in my opinion, to my weight loss.  

I am going to start Couch to 5K today, probably in a few minutes.  The Couch to 5K program will probably keep my busy all summer.  I'm going to try using a podcast, rather than a digital watch, to keep me on track.  This partly because I think it will be a fun change, and it is also because I have lost my digital watch. I'll also be wearing Spiderman sunglasses, because all the pairs I bought for myself at the Dollar Tree are lost, and I pathetically have to borrow my son's pair. 

Hopefully, I will see the 134's next week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment