Losing the Last 14 (One More Time)

Saturday, June 16, 2012

A Binge

I went on a terrible binge yesterday, which honestly is fairly unusual for me.  My problem is normally too much grazing and occasional overeating. 

Last night, after driving through Friday evening traffic to take my son to a dress rehearsal for his dance recital, we waited around there for over an hour until he was finished, and then I drove him home through Friday evening traffic.  By the time I got there, I was HUNGRY.  I ate 4 slices of (homemade) pizza, admittedly they were small slices, had 3-4 glasses of wine, and a very generous serving of Oreo ice cream.  I don't even want to know how many calories I consumed. 

Yesterday was also emotional because it was my younger son's last day of preschool, and it just marks the passage of time.  I'm both happy and sad not to have a toddler around anymore. 

I am tired and cranky, and my period is starting.  I am wishing that I had gotten the hormonal IUD instead of the copper one so that I wouldn't have this monthly insanity.  Pre Menstrual Psychosis.  It's not pretty. 


No comments:

Post a Comment