Losing the Last 14 (One More Time)

Friday, June 1, 2012

To Buy Clothes or Not

I'm struggling right now, trying to decide if I should buy any new clothes or not.  With about 10 pounds to lose, I will be at least one size smaller, and in some clothes possibly 2 sizes smaller.  This makes my life complicated.  I'm feeling good about myself and am wanting to buy some pretty summery clothes.  

I already wear the smallest size in certain stores/brands that tend to run big or do not carry small sizes.  In Land's End, I wear an XS, and even that is kind of baggy.  They do not have XXS.  At JC Penny, I wear a size Small T-shirt.  They do not have size XS in "misses."  It's the same with the JC Penny shorts I wear.  So, with the 10 pounds off, my current clothes will be a little baggy, and I won't be able to buy smaller sizes in some of the brands that I like.  

It's very weird to me.  As I've said before, if/when I lose these 10 pounds, I will still be a healthy woman with meat (fat and muscle) on my bones--it's only because I'm so short that I am getting into these tiny sizes.   And it's only because America keeps getting fatter that the sizes keep getting more inflated. 

I'm too curvy really to buy junior sizes, nor do I want to dress too much like a teenager at my age.  

Do I buy clothes now?  The more I think about it, it's probably not a good idea.  I've got enough T-shirts, shorts, capis, and skirts to get me through the summer.  I have a couple of cute dresses.  But I don't want to buy anything now and have it hang off me after I finish my weight loss, or otherwise fit oddly.  I bought a lovely paisley dress a couple of years ago in a size 8.  I couldn't believe I was a size 8 again!  Wow!  And now that dress is too big.  I'm only keeping it in case I get pregnant again one day. 

I also don't want to buy anything in anticipation of it fitting and then find that it doesn't.  It's very difficult to predict exactly what shape one will be after a weight loss.

Unfortunately, I can't pick the part of my body to lose weight from.  If I could, I'd probably wish all 10 pounds to come off my abdomen!

No comments:

Post a Comment