Losing the Last 14 (One More Time)

Sunday, June 3, 2012

How many sets?

I confess, like the author of the blog post I'm about to link to, I only do one set of strength training.  After reading the article and the comments, I have to conclude that one is better than none!  Read it here:  Cranky Fitness: Strength Training: Multiple Sets or Just One.

This About.com article, for what it's worth, says that for converting body fat into muscle, one set is probably fine, especially for beginners. 

Like the Cranky Fitness blogger, I don't really care how strong I get, I just want to look good and be healthy.

UPDATED:  I found this little gem from the Mayo Clinic, stating that for most people, only one set is needed!  I think I'll believe this guy and enjoy my one-set lifestyle! 

No comments:

Post a Comment