Losing the Last 14 (One More Time)

Sunday, July 1, 2012

Weekly Weigh-In

Weighed in at 136.8 today.  UGH.

The only thing left to do is what I should have been doing all along: count calories.  I'm going to try to stay below 1500 calories each day.  I also decided, rather arbitrarily, to stay below 60 carbs a day. 

I used to use Fitday to track my calories, but I couldn't log in to their site today, and they didn't instantly send me a link to reset my password, so I decided to try a site I haven't used before, SparkPeople

All I can say is that it SUCKS to lose weight when you don't have a lot to lose.  But it's still better than having a lot to lose.

I've been afraid to track my calories because I know I eat too much.  But why should I be afraid, when this will stop me from eating too much?  When I lost a lot of weight 2 years ago (went from about 160 to 120), I only tracked my calories at first.  After that, I got use to a lower caloric intake and was able to tell when I had eaten enough by how full I felt.  I hope that happens again.  I will need to continue to weigh myself after I reach my goal to see if I need to count calories again.

It is also possible that I will need to count calories for the rest of my life, if I want to maintain at my goal weight.  With today's technology, that shouldn't be a problem, although a smartphone sure would help.  Oh, well.

No comments:

Post a Comment