Losing the Last 14 (One More Time)

Friday, July 27, 2012

Weight Loss and Bra Size

Well, weight loss has not been foremost on my mind this week, although I did get some good exercise in and have been doing pretty well on my eating.  But I've been thinking about other things.  Thus, I forgot to weigh myself first thing in the morning on Sunday and then on Monday.  So, I took Tuesday's weight, which turned out to be pretty good at 134.0. 

I'm about 5 pounds down from where I got up to, and, ironically, pretty much where I was when I started charting my weight.  I'm very happy to be back here, and truth be told, I think I could be happy at this weight.  My clothes all fit, except for 2 pairs of pants.  I do think that a few more pounds would be good, so I'll keep trying. 

I am now running into the problem that my bras no longer fit.  I have gone down a band size.  I have 4 wire-free Warner's bras, size 34B, and they fit nicely until now.  They are now too big.  I am now a 32 B, or possibly even 32C, which means I'm a lot more limited in what brands make my size.  I also need padding or my nipples show through. 

I hate bras, and it makes me mad that I now have to find a new brand.  What I decided to do in the meantime is to order a couple of less structured bras and some silicone nipple covers and see if that solves my problem.  Then, when I'm at my goal, I might think about figuring out exactly what size I am.  Or if I like the less structured ones, I may just stick with that. 

I've read that a woman's bra size can change constantly.  Even 5 pounds can change the breast or cup size.  It's just terribly annoying because bras are expensive, and a badly fitting bra is extremely uncomfortable. 

I am happy about my continued weight loss.  But it is making me nervous because I do like this size, and I do want to maintain it, and I'm afraid I'll go back to my old habits of eating out of boredom.  I think I just need to take it one day at a time, worry about the present and not the future.  If only it were easier to take my own advice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment